View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:11 AM
Master
Today in yoga we did some breathing practices, with a inhalation of three, hold for twelve and then out for six. I became conscious of a hump in my exhalation space. Some were struggling with the holding space, but for me it was the breath out which I found I immediately needed a big breath on the out breath. I was observing more than entertaining it and continued as best I could.

In reflection I am aware that the old patterns of my breath, were caught up in fight and flight responses from fear patterns. I was told as a child I used to hold my breath and pass out quite naturally, has me wondering if this old pattern relates more to the external reactions when I came around. Apparently I put the fear of god into my siblings who thought I would die and usually my father gave me a hard smack to get me out of the slump, which was his fear at play..

It makes sense really.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder