View Single Post
Old 29-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
My interpretation of "I AM" is similarly "the awareness of self" EXACTLY as you described it.

My experience is that, when one transcends the little, separatist, self-created, mental-prison often referred to as the ego, one has the direct experience of unitary consciousness (for lack of better words) and one intuitively sees the "Big Picture" (so to speak) and acts quite naturally in the best interests of all without an expectation of a return. That --- to me --- is the "I AM" (not verbal) experience of the totality where, naturally, "the less one thinks of themselves, the more one gets out of it". When I surrender to THAT, things ALWAYS work out for the best ... ultimately...for all involved whereas, when I rely on the little separatist mindset, things are not always that positive.

When I contemplated the ubiquitous nature of the I AM, the hardest part was letting it occupy the same space that I believe I and only I occupied. Once past the conundrum the ego takes on a new understanding and awareness.

I enjoyed your effort in bringing your experience of the I AM alive for me.