View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
When we tested a Political thread on the forum a couple of weeks ago. We usually don't allow them. A debate exploded into something unnecessary, perceptions were skewed, got a nasty PM message, and member relationships were bruised, and all for what? No one was able to convince each other of their views. A good teaching moment though, politics really are terrible conversations to have with people you care about

Four of Coins/Pentacles

Wow, that's a really good example of the 5 of Swords. It's incredible how fired up people can get over politics. A waste of energy if you ask me. Far better off leaving those sort of discussions for forums that cater for them specifically. Some people are totally obsessed with debating politics and can't see anyone else's opinions, let alone respect them.

4 of Pentacles

When I was working in the UK many years ago, the owner of the restaurant (from whom my mother and brother rented the restaurant) lived in a large studio type of flat above the restaurant and threw a party. I had never met such a show-off in all my life. He bounced around the party trying to convince everyone how fantastic he was, and how wealthy he was, shoving a snake he had wrapped round his neck in all the women's faces at the party, "look what I've got, aren't I fantastic" type of attitude, trying to impress people. Couldn't stand the man. Really makes me think of the chap in the 4 of Pentacles though, lol.

The Hierophant