View Single Post
Old 26-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Experiencer

As far as I understand it, chakras are essentially pathways for energy / information to travel through. They extend through each of your bodies and link them together to some extent. This allows you to (eg) see spirits while being conscious in your physical body; information from your astral senses transfers through your pineal gland (third eye chakra) into your physical brain.

If people actually shut down or removed all their chakras, they'd also lose all connection to their soul (subtle bodies). When shutting down your chakras, you're declining access to subtle energies.. and any abilities you might consider to be psychic in nature.

The entire concept of becoming more spiritual by removing chakras is counter productive. It's like saying "I'm going to improve my internet connection by cancelling my contract with my ISP".

I am aware of some people saying that 'closing your chakras allows all the energy to be combined into one conduit'. This isn't beneficial. The chakras are there for a reason, and they are designed to process information at specific frequencies. Like a prism that separates white light into a rainbow of colours, the chakras accept subtle energy at specific frequencies and transfer it to parts of the body that are capable of interpreting energy at those frequencies.

I can't imagine any real spiritual teacher recommending this practice.