View Single Post
Old 25-04-2024, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezi-ulgen
shamanic journey...
I don't like being negative but I sure hope this is not what my ancestors were doing...
Of course, it is not the real deal – it is only ‘becoming a shaman’ in the New Age imagination.
It is good to learn the workings of one’s mind and the subconscious, but here if ever - sober and critical thinking/awareness is needed as it doesn’t serve anybody’s soul to go into fantasylands.

I do not believe in the “Path of the Souls” either, not in a literal sense. They are all myths, but since there are no words to describe awareness shifts into different, non-material dimensions, those descriptions are still useful as a cognitive aid or map and once one has had the experience, an NDE or a ‘shamanic death experience’ – one will understand why things were described in that way.

Oh, found another – a pdf link about the “Dogs”.
‘The Black Dog at the River of Tears’: Some Amerindian Representations of the Passage to the Land of the Dead and their Eurasian Roots”
https://anthropologie.kunstkamera.ru...2_berezkin.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezi-ulgen
I understood shamans to work with actual Spirits and not just imagination...
I thought Spirit would actually posses the shaman to do the shaman work through various degrees of trance...
Mongolian shamans do seem to work with actual spirits of the departed – and sure, they can see what is wrong with a person and see into their future, but doesn’t the “Spiritualist Church” do a similar thing – teach people how to become mediums?

The actual, most basic, fundamental, literal truth shamanic worldview teaches one from an early childhood, is that everything is energy (vibration) - one learns to ‘listen’ and to discern within the emptiness - the silence and stillness of one’s being.
Discerning from where the energy is coming from, in mythological language, is best described as the Upper, Middle and Lower worlds … Then tuning into that wavelength, visions, trance may ensue ….
Etc. etc. etc.

A favorite picture by an Udmurtian (?) artist:
https://i.ibb.co/3Y60QTV/Uralic.jpg