View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Sure, nevertheless the notion of "God's" universe already eliminates possibilities and entire worlds, right from the get-go.

Imagine if human beings stopped limiting their thinking with ideas that a "God" created all this. God-belief is like building a big box, climbing inside, and then saying, "Now let your thoughts run wild, and imagine anything you want that fits in this box!"

For example, what if WE created all this? What if our thoughts and actions -- both good and not so good -- create reality? I know it's sacrilegious to think (insignificant sinful) humanity are the creators and not some "God." I mean, how dare we imagine something like that, it's an affront to all that's decent and self-devaluing! But all that says and proves is that we are horribly conditioned to think within a very limited (and historically controlled) set of thought-box parameters.

I'm pretty sure that you sort of know that calling this place God's universe was, on my part an attempt to accord some sort of feasible connection to this immensity of a universe.
We are indeed - and I appreciate your choice of word - horribly conditioned to this thing we call life. Our acceptance, without qualms of being in the state we call 'alive', is the result of such conditioning. We should really be continually astounded that we are here.
Maybe our laid-back attitude to our existence is because without realising or understanding we really do know more than we think. That moment we hear so much about when reading through NDEs or OBEs 'suddenly I knew everything' (it's happened to me personally) is something we shouldn't disregard. It could be the key to getting out of the box.