View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The New Age is too often the Old Age in a new packaging, neatly wrapped up and only containing the agreeable things.

I don't see this I really don't. I've always felt new age broke from tradition and asked us to do what we don't do, such as one is to always love for instances or do no harm. And since we can't do these things well of course would mock it. I love metaphysics, which to me is New Age. It contains and is about science, religion, psychology and philosophy and has tons of information. But we have no such things as teachers or institutions or doctrine or authority and it is said by choice. We don't want to contaminate it. It is total freedom with no restrictions and open. I remember how much trouble I had with it and what it asked of me, so this is just me.

I remember the very first use of the lingo where Dr. Spock wrote their book and how it was belittled as New Age and jokes made about it. But it was like fresh ideas and understanding introduced into society in a new way. In fact the ideas seemed new by showing us what to do. It was society's time to see.

The Wiccan religion is new age. Certain periods of time are under the umbrella of New Age. Old wisdom, even dead religions are now in New Age.

I think it's about what we were not allowed to do and we're finally free to explore. New age resufaces old idea and I kinda get the feeling New Age says we didn't understand what was what it meant to be a wiccian and we want to reexplore. New age isn't God centered but nature centered, human centered. I don't know what the feeling is but I see New Age truth centered that have never died and no matter what we have tried, it can't be killed.