View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Suspended
Master
very nice read that Lucky, so sad about so many homeless there though, there's a serious imbalance of finances going on in our world.

We should start a new thread 'amazing stories' - 'unusual happenings' might be better - so heart warming and powerful high energy reads... My best friend at church, she is in her senior years as me and is always finding feathers.

I only remember one time with a feather and its very special to me I've laminated it and in my wallet always... I had/have been planting flowers in a dozen pots outside our town center church for several years, to encourage more people to visit as congregation was always needing a boost.

The time about the feather came probably into end of the first year planting and so many people walking past and saying how lovely they looked, so rewarding that job in my retirement. Anyway towards end of the first year I was so unwell - about 6 weeks I didn't plant or brush up - I was good enough just about to go church and sit for an hour but not work.

At the end of the 6 weeks my minister, I remember the time, she said thank you for keeping the church front clean of litter and for all the lovely flowers, and there was some litter over previous months every time I went down to tidy, eg cig packets, chip paper etc etc -

I had been wondering how could my hard work and dedication from those previous 9 months not get trashed with rubbish from passers by, so either we had a mystery cleaner coming past the front in the night or who did keep it clean?

So I went home to tell my wife that the minister who sometimes thanked me had said thank you again - and I said to my wife same as I told the minister, I had not been well enough to keep it clean... Is it possible that God kept the church front clean while I was so unwell? of course its possible...

I'll leave that thought with you all, and just to tell you just as I had finished my conversation with my wife in our front room, and I remember repeating again did God keep the church clean for 6 weeks, is this possible - and there was the feather right in front of me on the floor - you'll understand that feather is very special to me.