View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
I believe they say savasana is often the most challenging for those that have a hard time being still within their mind. In more difficult asanas held for longer periods of time, the breath helps you reach a point of total meditative focus where all else drops away. In savasana, you are completely still, entire body supported on the ground in complete surrender and it is easy to drift off into the randomness of thoughts that arise even if just for a short moment. You can also battle almost falling asleep lol. Some can also experience moments in this pose that can be startling from fear of the unknown having never let go so much before. It's not easy for most to tune in and let go 100% so to me, even with all my years of experience, can still be challenging even after the best practice that expelled major excess energy. At times in savasana, I feel like I am coming out of my body and it can be hard to not freak out about that lol. Need a good balance of self mastery.

And yes... any asana can be as easy or hard as you make it... modifications to everything. Sometimes it bothers me that people can be so scared and stand offish trying yoga because of this labeling
Well thought and formulated answer – thank you.

Yes, ‘they' do say that it is normal for the mind to try to resist this deep relaxation - "Savasana being the ultimate act of conscious surrender".

https://chopra.com/sites/default/fil...bubbles_0.jpeg

So how abnormal is it I wonder - to be so addicted to it as though it was opium (without the opium of course).