View Single Post
Old 16-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Mind's Eye

I myself now celebrate the Pagan Yule so this kind of thing does not bother me. In fact, after reading the article I sent this email off to the head of the American Atheists:

Dear Mr. Muscato;

I have read the article online about the Atheistic billboards and keeping Christ out of Christmas. In the past, when I was a Christian myself, these kinds of things used to offend me greatly. But as the times and my life has changed, I have come to appreciate and respect your ideology. No, I myself am not an Atheist, but my path has gone more the way of ancient paganism and Buddhism. One thing I can attest to however, is that being in the Christian religion was a journey through much fear and guilt.

When I first came out of the religion, Christmas was a difficult time for me because I was overcome by guilt by what the holiday was supposed to be about. I felt almost guilty and hell bound for not keeping Christ in Christmas. Over time however, I did make the holiday season my own and found new ways to celebrate and keep the joy in the season.

There are many who are coming out of religion these days and emerging into a new way of life. They are searching for something that is their own and that has meaning to them. I think your billboards will give hope, inspiration and direction to those who are beginning to live their lives anew out from under the shadow of religion.

Happy holiday! - end

I can't agree that there is no higher Divine Source in the universe, but I can agree that everyone has a right to have their own reason for the season... and even life for that matter.

I don't think any religion should force itself on everyone and try to sculpt the world in it's image. Whatever your religion or belief system is or is not is fine and right for you... but let everyone else have theirs too.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE !