View Single Post
Old 22-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Guide

I take the bible as a book about a culture that was corrupted by man several times to control the masses. I can't trust a book that says it's okay to rape women or that you can't eat lobster, lol.

I do believe Jesus was a teacher and didn't want to be worshipped, but he was turned into something other than what he was - a man not much different than you or I - who had an immense understanding of connection to god, and he was trying to get everyone to understand it in their language of the time. He tore the veil, telling everyone that you are connected to god already and don't need someone else to do it for you. Ever. No priest, no pastor, no book, no congregation, no bible study, no certificate showing you belong to such and such church.

If you strip away the rules and miracles and superfluous fluff surrounding any religion I am sure you will come to some of the same conclusions: you want to become like god. And you already are. There's no difference between you and Jesus. Jesus was made by god and thus so are you, and god makes everything so everything is made of the same stuff, not Islamists are made of this stuff and Christians are made of this stuff, etc. If god created everything, that means everything comes from god, and you cannot take god out of what it has created, which means the same divinity that was in Jesus is in you. And if you cannot take god out of what it has created, that means you are still connected to god!

And you don't need to be "saved" because you, thus derived from god and a part of god and forever connected to god, cannot be destroyed because that would mean destroying god, and that would mean god would have to destroy itself, and I am sure god would be able to correct - thus reincarnation and karma - what is wrong with even the most heinous of people, instead of destroying. So if you cannot be destroyed, just this ego and this body, then that means you do not need to be "saved" from eternal destruction. You just need to remember who you are.

The faith has to be in your connection which does exist, not in what a religion says it has in concerns with power to get you there.