View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Uma, I work in psych and I know that doctors are taking head injuries much more seriously. We have seen people with head trauma become a completely different, unpredictable person. Of course it depends on which area of the brain. Normally when we have a patient come in who has a history of head trauma, we immmediately have them on high assault precautions as they can and do become violent without a seconds notice. And I know that there are certain areas of the brain light up when one is meditating and experiencing a spiritual event.
But we have many children come in who hear voices, see shadow people, see demons, hear a departed relative talking to them. I will not instantly dismiss this as delusional psychosis. I think a child has the ability to still see thru the eyes of their souls many times.
Some dreams are just our subconscious working out our daily strife and problems. Yet there are dreams that go beyond and come to us from a different realm. Sometimes I think that while we are asleep that we are much more connected to our spirit and to the spirtual realm.

Summerland,

I think you're definitely on to something really important and I'm glad you're working in the system because maybe you can help those people who really are being misdiagnosed. I also think this is digressing from the OP and is worthy of a thread of its own so if you want to start one I'll be happy to contribute to it. (I don't want to annoy Starbuck.) I'm sure Psychoslice would have a lot to say about this topic.

P.S. If you do decide to start a new thread, maybe you could post a link to it here for others who want to follow this discussion.