View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Since I don't know exactly what consciousness is...I can only pose a question.
Isn't that which looks out from behind my eyes ...which made Itself known to me at around 5-6 yrs old one summer
in the countryside...The Observer?
The Observer of all?
The One that feels the flower's roots burrowing into the earth for water...while
it stretches to reach to the Sun for nutrition?
Isn't It the same thing in the lead bird of the flock knowing where the
destination is?
Isn't this Observer the One that lies under our our own consciousness digesting our food and making our fingernails grow as we sleep?
Is that God? Is that the God that parted the seas and said, Let there be Light? The All That Is?

If 'I' watch something intently is that "me"? My personality, my ego, my body, my wealth, my feelings, my passions?
What is 'me' then...is it also the Watcher, the Witness? Collecting data?

I am not presently qualified to do much more than ask these questions.
My immediate take is there is nothing....nothing that exists that is not because of God, I was also shown this in a stunning Moment...the
floating dust particle, a dream with our eyes closed,

a thought...all exist because of Him...
does that make consciousness Him more than the glass I hold?

Maybe I will have clearer answers another time...and put them into words.
This has not been a subject of mine I have pondered...
I focus on other things ....like feeling His Divine Presence....we each
have subjects we like.

It sounds like you're seeing "consciousness" and "conscious" in the same context...that is, both meaning aware, alert...not comatose or passed out. If so, that sounds to me more of a "scientific" view rather than a spiritual one. If not, then I'm not understanding you.

The way I see it, in a nutshell, is that consciousness is kind of like the fuel of this dimension/universe. Our bodies perceive things like flowers, trees, feeling roots, etc. through our senses. It's how we observe things. Consciousness is the energy that drives the atoms in order for these things to exist. Consciousness is also what makes us appreciate them because without it they wouldn't exist.