Thread: Dry skin
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Master
hello dear. if you want to get to the root of the problem you probably need to eat mostly raw food, especially juicy fruits, for a period of time. that's the best way to heal your body from the inside out, which is where skin issues stem from of course. but you can also help heal from the outside in too. You can take some herbs internally or use them externally as well, there are so so many, but a couple you might want to check out are chamomile, comfrey leaf, calendula, yarrow. many many more but those ones leaped out to be told about lol. and also if you are not familiar with essential oils those can also help a great deal and I think change your life.

You can find a lot of the same essential oils as herbs, but there are lots of each to choose from. What may be most important is to choose ones that you enjoy the scent of. because they all have numerous benefits, besides just helping skin, though some will be more gentle than others and may be better suited for your condition. A few of my favorites are actually also gentle (yet powerful) and wonderful for the skin, so if you can try them and see if you like them too they will definitely help.

disclaimer here though, you have to dilute essential oils with a carrier oil like any fine plant oil such as coconut, olive, grapeseed, sunflower, jojoba, rosehip, etc.. and your best bet is to make sure your oils are organic, especially when you're already dealing with skin irritation

Ok anyways sorry for taking so long to talk about this, of course there is a lot to know and explore about things like essential oils. there's a section for aromatherapy on this forum, though it doesn't get a lot of traffic, so if you have any questions or need help finding reputable sellers I will be glad to help if I can. I found a few places online after years of searching that I find to be trustworthy and nice companies. and not nearly as expensive as some of the ones you may have heard of that jack the prices up.. there are also a couple brands in stores that you may find near you that are usually more expensive than the other online companies I've found, but not as pricey as the other online ones that try to have a monopoly on the market..

sorry, without further ado if you're still interested lol, the essential oils that are my favorite and also happen to be very healing to the skin are frankincense, lavender, helichrysum (not cheap though, but worth the investment if you can), rose (even more expensive but a little goes a long way), chamomile, ylang ylang, and myrrh.
there are different varieties of most oils so if you are actually thinking of getting any that I mentioned I will let you know which strain I prefer or am talking about. ie frankincense goes by its latin name boswellia and there are at least 4 different types, my top choice being boswellia serrata. and 3 of them have been well-researched for being anti-cancerous, while another strain boswellia frereana is just researched proven to be effective for more minor health issues. another example is helichrysum, the kind I refer to is either immortelle or italicum in the name, but there is another version that has a g name that smells nothing like the others, and costs a lot less but it's like a totally different plant. all right if I haven't lost you yet lol I will say one more thing, and that is that 2 of my favorite companies online have small sample sizes you can buy for much cheaper so you can try the scent before buying a full bottle.

and the 3rd company online that I find trustworthy and worthwhile happens to be having a 20% off sale til tomorrow, so I'm just going to tell you their names since you might want to buy some from there while the sale's still going on. that company is Eden's Garden. they have beautiful little bottles with colorful labels and are very professional. their oils are not certified organic, but most of their oils basically are organic because they don't use oils from plants that have been sprayed with pesticides, etc.. but the organic certification process and label costs companies tons of money so they stopped trying to get it. they had a couple oils that were cert org at one point but decided it wasn't worth the investment just to get an extra govt label

Organic or at least not having plants sprayed or processed with poison is very important though.. since I mentioned that company's name I will tell the other two that I love and found to be amazing also. these ones let you know on their site if the oil is made from organic plants or wildcrafted ones, which is sometimes better cuz they are plants out free in nature. but anyways, my favorite essential oil company online is Appalachian Valley Anatolian Treasures (AV-AT). they are humble and generous when I had an issue and have the best prices I've found. then my other favorite which also has sample sizes for sale ( a bit different how they do their samples, but actually both companies will give you free samples with your order depending on how much you spend) is Eden's Botanicals.

I should also mention that AV-AT has free shipping on orders over $35 and Eden's Botanicals you have to spend like $50 to get free shipping. Eden's Garden who is the one having the sale right now has free shipping on any order all the time! Each company has a slightly different selection of oils to offer, and even one of the same oils can vary with scent from one supplier to the next. If I were you I would definitely check out Eden's Garden while they are having their sale, though they will have more sales before the year is over too I'm sure. Essential oils, again if you're not familiar, are not just for skin, they have proven healing effects for the rest of the body, and the mind, and essentially the spirit. Actually one of the books I have Aromatherapy for the Soul shows a special kind of photography or recording equipment that results in energy being captured on film. and when they sample different oils, they each have their own bursts and patterns of colors and such. I also found a guy online who has similar video equipment and he's taken footage of the energy from an essential oil bottle too. well there's more to be said lol but I'm so sorry I said so much already, I am sure if you don't already use essential oils or haven't used them a lot, that making more room for them in your life and on your skin will help you a great deal. they will work better if you are healing from the inside other ways too though, then they can devote more of their higher energy to healing and imparting spiritual magic instead of just dealing with more mundane issues like skin and detoxification etc..