View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Experiencer

You've used pretty much every cleansing method possible, so there isn't really anything else that can be added to that, except maybe sound resonance. Also, if you used an incense stick, you could swap to a leaf / wood incense - 2 common examples being white sage or palo santo. Be aware of the head rush that palo santo can give you though! Once your crystals are cleansed, pick them up, handle them often and keep them close for a few weeks. Your automatic association to the crystals is a bit 'ick' so get used to them slowly and cleanse regularly until your association with them is positive again. Definitely wait a while before you sling them under your pillow. You don't want a negative-association crystal under your pillow, to be fair, keep it out of your bedroom for a while.

You do need to take what the books say with a pinch of salt, they are interesting to read but not wholly accurate - designed to sell.

I used to try using the crystals it said for the various ailments, mostly when I first got in to crystals - I've always been sceptical of the physical healing associations to crystals, but if your mental / energetic health is in good shape your physical body tends to reflect that, so I think of the physical health as a knock-on effect. I would never buy a crystal to 'cure cancer' for example.

Nowadays I tend to buy larger / raw pieces and interesting specimens. Crystals add their own unique energy to a room, but on a healing level I think they are entirely personal and partly work from a colour-healing point of view. I tend to find I'm drawn to certain colours for certain moods and although my brain is slightly programmed to choose crystals based on their corresponding chakra colour I tend to aim a bit off-kilter now and just think about the colours I need to bring myself back in to balance. I also use a colour healing card pack as I feel it is complimentary and helps me to pick out the colours that are missing from my life. I've had more success with them that way and there is less expectation as to what they "should" do.