View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Ah, I get it now. Except it needn't get to that. It's about a change of (in this case) explicit ground rules. She'd be saying "If you can do this so can I. Put in a First Amendment to our agreement or if not, get rid of her." sort of.
Right, I get you - fair to say we have different ways of going about these things I guess it depends on where a suggestion like that is coming from, if it's a sincere suggestion RE the merits of an open relationship then fair enough (I guess?), but if it's coming from a place of wounded ego and, 'Two can play at that game, buddy-boy!' then I think it'd be better to simply express how you actually feel. As others have said, them's shaky foundations on which your relationship stands if you can't simply be honest about how you feel.
Quote:
Ok, I'll do a Michael Winner and tell myself to calm down dear, it's only a mouse. Yes, it makes sense. I recognise her upset because somehow she found out that this Old Flame proclaimed her ongoing love. She doesn't say how but the "making moves on him" tells that somehow he communicated that to her. Maybe not verbally.

I mean, blimey, after 50 years? I mean, that's pushy-aggressive surely? The Old Flame Theory has it than an asbestos topcoat would be useful now. How easy it'll be depends on things like who got in touch with who first, and why? Just happened to be in town? Picked up an old photo and decided to search online? Point is, she does need to nip this in the bud toute suite. It could be quite innocent - but then suspicion has a habit of gnawing away if allowed to fester...

Cheers.
Fair to say the alarm bells would be ringing to an ear-piercing pitch if I was in that situation, yeah :o As I say, the OP deserves an explanation, whatever the case may be. I mean Jeeesus wept, just how much of an insensitive dolt is this guy?*

Cheers to you, too

*Did that sound judgmental? Yeah all right, maybe... but I mean, really!