View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Lepus

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The legend most spoken of is from Jewish mysticism although She has parallels in most cultures.

Invoking Lilith is difficult work. She's called up from the lowest level of the Qliphoth (the Nightside of the Tree (of Life)) if you know what you're doing.

Legend as briefly summed up here is about right. All she wanted was parity with the man but this was denied her so she turned down Adam. Unlike Eve she was made in her entirety so legend goes, not from one of Adam's ribs. Once She escaped She married Samael (also accessible on the Nightside). Encountering Her isn't something to discuss here as it's darkly occult. It needs a pretty strong, stable mental state.

I followed a link to a youtube of someone "invoking" Lilith. It was pathetic. I doubt it would have invoked goosebumps let alone Lilith. As with a lot of modern spirituality, there's absolute rubbish out on the web about Her. One article I read even claimed Her the serpent in Genesis!

Most of the Qabalistic legend comes from the same provenance as Genesis in the Bible and it's as if Moses had received earthly instructions to ensure that men would dominate everything but particularly the priesthood which in those days meant society at large. How many Rabbinical women from even a century ago can you name?

Anyway, most of the decent legend stuff on pdf has been snapped up by scribid so presumably it has to be paid for.

The best all-round summary (probably most relevant to this thread) is in Thomas Karlsson's Qabalah Qliphoth and Goetic Magic. (the whole book is available as a pdf). The last chapter of the Qliphoth is a visualisation to get into into Thantifaxath where Lilith can be found. Thantifaxath is the first tunnel of Set.

There's also Linda Falorio's Shadow Tarot and her accompanying book Dancing with Demons, both available from Amazon.

A general intro to the Nightside is Kenneth Grant's Nightside of Eden, if you can cope with his Typhonian style. It's pretty safe. It contains nothing that could get you into difficulties. It's there but at the price isn't good value unless you're a follower of Grant.

And finally, a fictional grimoire by Tyson, Liber Lilith (which I found pretty heavy going) but as I understand it, a few adventurous minds have tried to turn into a workable grimoire (at their peril!)

It seems fashionable to portray Her as a maligned goddess who's now redeemed herself. If so, that isn't the Lilith of the Jewish legend. One opinion is that it isn't Lilith being rehabilitated into a benign social figure but that women pursuing this are moving from benign society into evil (if you believe the good/evil dichotomy)!! I mean, crikey, Her name has abusively been taken up by pop bands and songs... perhaps it's a sign of the times.

Take care.

Was it by any chance this video? The Invocation of Lilith

Lepus