View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 04:03 AM
Experiencer
My wife's orange tourmaline arrived today ! It's exactly as we hoped, really beautiful and at 7 carats it will make an impressive center stone. It does have the vibrant orange color she wanted and it also displays some nice pink when viewed at the right angle, so I guess she has a color change tourmaline as well, only a more feminine type. It was displayed as a bi-color but the picture showed mostly orange, but now I understand. That was a welcome surprise.

What was very interesting is that we both picked out our own stones, but they are both similar in some way, I guess they both have a similar warm tone to them. We weren't trying to get similar stones but I guess we sort of did. Mine is orange that changes to yellow and green, and hers is orange that changes to a pink. I certainly think we did a good job picking a more masculine color and cut for mine and a more feminine cut and color for hers.

Now we are just thinking of types of ring designs and settings. Originally I was thinking white gold for mine but now I think with the warm tone of the gem a yellow gold might be better. My wife is toying with the idea of rose gold for hers.