View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 02:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

'Looking at life as it is' might not be looking totally objectively and honestly, as people tend to see what they want to see.

That may be the basic problem we have with finding truth - seeing what we want to, rather than being truly honest and objective.

Looking at life as its is, is looking at life as it is without the context of labels and your own ideas about what is happening, that is the direct point I am sharing here as myself aware.

Looking at life more directly as it is, is not holding ideas about what is objective and what is honest, its just noticing what is there happening. When you drop all labels and ideas about honesty and truth you as the one looking can be noticing more directly through yourself without any ideas about why it is happening. When you do this, you can open and expand deeper into a more conscious field of awareness and connection to other life.

I was walking through Fitzroy (Melbourne) yesterday, it was busy and crowded. A fairly muscly guy with tatts and a strained kind of face, (just to give you the size of my bump and his facial expression as I saw it) bumped his big muscly arm into me as I walked by him. I said. "Oh I am sorry" even as I realized it wasn't me doing the bumping.. And then he said. "how are your going?" I said "I'm really good thanks" and we both walked in different directions.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder