View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Master
Fish Discriminating & Detached Observing

Day 7 of 40: Apr.1/16 (link)

Today Sri Vasudeva added more detail into practice of observation during sitting meditation - that I should not only observe, but observe how my observer is observing. So how open-minded and open-hearted is my observing "I"/"eye" really? And I think of a baby...

Baby Mind:
The Sanskrit for "discrimination" is viveka - the power to observe differently than normal, without judgement. How did I observe when I first came into this world when my ego wasn't activated so much. Everything, absolutely everything was fresh and new and unpolluted by my ego filters and it took me years even to realize I could control my body, and the child development psychologists say even to realize I was not my mother. Whenever a meditation is not going the way I want it to go, I get really self-critical with myself - "I can do better than this! Why can't I go deep today?" blah blah blah In the guided meditation, he reminded me I can use the breathing and mentalization techniques, focusing on any chakra that is giving me problems and breathing in what I want and breathing out what I don't want.

Eagle Mind:
The Sanskrit for "detachment" is vairagya - the power to be detached in the observing so I don't get caught up in it. Attachment is what pulls me into the grosser planes of consciousness. I want to go higher and higher into the Source. Sometimes even that wanting becomes an attachment. How I see in a more expansive view - like an eagle in the sky seeing a vast expanse? How can I see holistically taking in all that I am in the human experience?

And he said that the transcended masters (whether physically embodied or not) have the grace of omnipresence when we link to them. When I am deserving or receptive, the master offers me the grace of shaktipat (energy transmission) that expands my "I".

He said "The moment the mind is not tied to anything there is a freedom in the space, in the consciousness" That gives me the freedom to know all of me - physical and energetic, every layer or dimension of being, the freedom to pilot each plane, to operate at full capacity, and if I am humble, to offer more to God, to be a better instrument of the divine:

Quote:
"I make my offering to You.
Cleanse me of all darkness.
Light up my consciousness with your light in me
You render everything pure, when given, when offered
I offer all of me as I am to You
Purify me, make me whole"
I seek today as I enter my world to be aware of the all of me
To channel Your energies in and through me
That I may be a blessing to your world.
I'm in gratitude for this moment of grace and every moment of grace.
It is only Your existence that fills this universe, that is this universe.
I humbly bow to you.
Om peace, peace, peace"
~ Sri Vasudeva