View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Experiencer
Well, if you look at the healthy eating pyramid by Harvard, they are not so enthousiastic about meat and dairy either.

I think I should just skip the whole concept of cheese and their alternatives. I think people in Asia are further in their culture of healthy food. Without animal based food.

And there is also the issue of how much I am able to spend on food. I want to keep enough left over for other nice things and unexpected expenses as well.

A cheese alternative does not fit well in that picture for me. I have to learn to look different at food. Maybe somewhere in the future I may put tempeh slices on a pizza. Just because Italians invented pizza and put cheese on every pizza does not mean I have to do the same. If you keep looking at food like everybody else does and did in the past you will never progress.

And I need progress. I experienced that my health has seriously improved since I stopped using meat and dairy. I feel so much better and healthier. So I think it would be better for me to just skip the concept of cheese and meat alternatives.

I am not a 100% veganist. I don't need to be for my health. My diet is probably somewhere around 97-98% plant based. If I would be invited to a dinner with meat I don't need to skip it for principal reasons. But in general my body benefits from plant based food. So I should not try to keep looking in the direction of animal based food.

Or plant based substitutes for that matter.
In my opinion.