View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Master
I talked about this topic with some people during a yoga week this summer, and they mentioned how they liked watching nature documentaries but disliked any ''negative'' parts about the destruction caused by people, so trying to avoid those parts, turn off the TV, not read any news etc. In other words, shield yourself from reality because the nastier bits are best tackled by pretending they do not exist. I think closing ourselves off from problems is as much a choice with consequences as trying to improve things. The in-action itself is also an action.

And I think that is the key here, and a core issue I see with much of modern spirituality. The modern spiritual movements are soft and prefer to live in a bubble, scared to be confronted by anything or anyone. Modern spirituality is almost saying... ''You go and behave like the passive fairytale princess, and you will be enlightened.'' Elsewhere I talked about it with another guy, who like me, observed the same in spiritual circles, that there are those whom are too much ''in the clouds'', focussing on ''higher chakras'', so much so that they become imbalanced and incapable of taking care of their bodies, and are scared to speak up about anything.

It's this denial of the earth, not just taking care of our home, but also in spiritual practice (such as ignoring lower chakras) that is just not at all helpful to us in any way, shape, or form. This is what I view as the core issue with modern spirituality. Not taking care of a base, not having any fundament to stand upon. This lack creates a mess. Collectively, we need to get ''down to earth'', both literally and spiritually.