View Single Post
Old 29-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeithbaker
Had a question. The Pentecostal church came to my home and as we got to talking. They mentioned to me and my family that when someone dies or gets murdered ete etc. That was Heavenly Father who really took their lives. They say that God can only take your live. Can someone maybe explain how this can be. It was hard for me and my family to except🙁🙁🙁

It's quite amazing that there are people who cannot sort out their own thoughts - here I'm talking about the pentecosts.

Look - if you think that you live doing God's will then you yourself have no choice - you are supposed to have free will, but doing God's will in the sense that you have no choice evades the question of your free will. If you only can do what some god has decided for you then you are not responsible for what happens. So we should not be putting any murderers in jail - this must also be a basic belief of the pentecosts if they persue such a belief.

Now if we have free will we can also commit suicide without being afraid of any 'punishment' because God cannot give us free will and when we use it then tell us we shouldn't have done that. On the other hand, as per the pentecosts and their belief that only God can... it would also mean that God, when one commits suicide, is the one who has seen it through - so no 'sin' at all.

If you get terribly ill - and normally the chance would be great that you'd die, this is then God's will. So for goodness sake don't take any medicine to cure an illness - this is going against his will, although if he wants you to die you have no choice so take as much medicine as you want. If he doesn't want you to die you needn't take the medicine at all.

And so on.