View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
To me, describing nonduality with words is like unintentionally cloaking it with duality on some level (if not all levels).

Is discussion regarding nonduality akin to discussion on the complexities of a wardrobe?

Speaking of cloaks, one wears a cloak, one is not a cloak. Or as Philippe said in the movie The Man in the Iron Mask, "I wear the mask, it does not wear me."

So as a writer I recognize the irony of posting this but for some reason I find value in it.

It goes without saying that I welcome all other takes on this.

Btw, that is a nice shirt you're wearing!

Side Bar: It is as if words convey that nonduality is nonexistent/ unreal and yet it is all that exists.

Words are symbols/labels represented within a duality based perception. The whole show is based on observer and observed and every facet, level and expression between those points gives way to what we know as experience. The experience is not possible without an experiencer in place and so experience itself is anchored by separation. Of course the words are dual as they quite fittingly confirm the foundation it comes from...your identity.