View Single Post
Old 23-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineOne
I actually don't follow a religion but i would like to hear insight from all the God-believers. Does God choose our gender before we are born?
Well, what I read/heard is that if we are to believe our souls are immortal and that we probably have already lived and will live again, that a soul has no gender. It supposedly has the characteristic of both genders, as in Anima and Animus. So, assuming we already exist as a soul before entering a new body created for us, we may have a tendency and affinity towards one gender, maybe we had a happier life in such gender in the past, or had a terribly experience with the opposite gender in other or perhaps this time we just need to learn a little bit about the other. .
(extreme examples would be: would you want to be a woman again if you were raped in other life? Or forced to marry and be w/an abusive husband?; would you want to be a man again if you knew you were a rapist? or because you were a man you joined the army and killed many people and you regret?)

So we may come one way, but feeling the other way, the gender our soul is more attuned to. Therefore, it's like being a female in essence(in your case), all lives considered, your soul and personality, the sum of all previous existences gravitate towards this gender but for some reason, perhaps some learning one, seeing the other side of the coin, etc you come as the opposite gender. So we do our learning and them move on to come back to our real self.

I feel that everyone that is transgender ends up working out many issues regarding self love. A love that we later find out is way more about who we are as a being than what gender we feel like.(I myself feel like gravitating towards the will of being male, I was born female, yet there are things that don't quite fit and in a way, in my particular case I feel even a transition wouldn't suffice to me. Somehow this makes me ambiguous in nature, androgynous or gender fluid(I see the soul as being quite like this).

So as you, I'm not officially member of any religion though I do try to read and get info about many, trying to understand all sides and see what seems to be reasonable. Many times I don't believe anything at all...but I was told in spiritism that if we made a good progress in the previous life that we get to pick most of the next one. If we left the previous life kind stuck, not knowing exactly what to do, very little progress, some sort of spiritual mentor would help designing the next life as orientating us so we can make the best of it.

Anyways, I'm not an expert or master in anything, so I won't proclaim this as the holy truth.

ps: funny thing is that my mother always tells me that during the pregnancy doctors couldn't discover my sex, it was as if I was always hiding somehow every time and a cousin of mine used to "talk to me" while I was still in the womb as if I was a boy, he even got me a male name, needless to say he got quite disappointed with the girl, but we're very close anyway.