View Single Post
Old 27-11-2018, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Spades
I can relate to the feeling. My experience is different in the details, but I could have written a very similar post in tone as you did.

Most humans just want to be socially accepted and don't deep down care about anything else, including about the spiritual and religious practices they participate in. It's often just a way to have a social club. I am so done with that. I rather live 99,9% like a normal person and have 0,1% of some real spirituality, than participate in a performance act designed for getting to live in an illusion of being 100% enlightened. I want something that is real.
I agree with you, and maybe the term "spiritual" or "spirituality" needs to be clearly defined (if it ever CAN be) and that goes for "enlightened" and "enlightenment" too...and even "reality".

How I personally see it, is like this..

There are two "evils" involved here.

The first one, is to live like a "normal human being" ( whatever THAT is) and in the process, behave however it is society expects you to behave, ignoring your own personal needs and not "being yourself" because that is totally unacceptable and then living in abject misery because you never get to express yourself in any way you like...this can subjugate the ego as well, because you simply learn that you just don't matter... everybody ELSE does.. until the question arises, what is it that makes THEM matter and NOT you?

The second "evil" is to just be yourself and express yourself regardless, then have others totally ignore you and avoid you until you meet just ONE person who can totally relate, understand you and be on "the same page" but you're not holding your breath waiting for that to happen either and so you lose whatever humanity you had or thought you had ( if being human means being a "social creature") and now, you must become a "Borg" in the "collective".

So, I can see that you made mention of "most people" and not "everyone" because when it comes to "most people", I am always the exception to the general rule of "what it takes to be a normal human being".

However, as far as "illusion" goes...I have the choice. I can live in this 3D world, believing that's all there is to it, or I can live in the illusion that I am 100℅ enlightened...it's ALL just an illusion anyway, so I get to 'pick my poison" as it were.