View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 03:23 AM
Experiencer

A few months ago, activist James Aspey, addressed the daily horror and grief of vegans and especially for those who go undercover to get proof of violence. It made so much sense and I found it really helpful because like you, I often descend into the pit of despair because of the suffering everywhere. He said, 'instead of focussing on the pain and torment that you know the animals are living with (and that you can't stop for them this moment), think always of the fact that vegan numbers are growing massively'. He said, 'remember always, there are more vegans today, than there were last year, 10 years ago.'

I've read it called, 'the world's fastest growing social justice cause'. In the last two years, vegan numbers have apparently increased in the USA by 500-800% depending on which poll you look at. According to Forbes magazine, 'vegan foods' sales have grown by 8.1% in the last year alone.

The meat and dairy producers are worried so you and I are having an impact and the beneficiaries are the hapless animals that today we can only grieve for. The progress is a lot slower than any of us would like to see, but it is happening.

So take heart, be strong and be sure to eat healthy for the sake of the animals. I make a point of eating really well because I want to be a 'poster-child' for healthy vegan eating at any age. That could be your contribution too and it's an important one. Good examples are an encouragement to others to give it a shot.