View Single Post
Old 20-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natively Libran
--Star-Nancy--, you've got some great support on this thread! Life is a journey, not a destination, we each are learning how to "live" everyday. Know that you're not alone. In regards to your specific situation, there's a great book by this prominent author Laurie Halse Anderson that is reflective of your struggles. The main characters in the book both struggled with eating disorders. It's titled Wintergirls. It's deeply intense but overall a good read. Here's a passage that struck a chord with me...I've dealt with depression and I could relate to this.

“Another page turns on the calendar, April now, not March. I am spinning the silk threads of my story, weaving the fabric of my world...I spun out of control. Eating was hard. Breathing was hard. Living was hardest. I wanted to swallow the bitter seeds of forgetfulness...Somehow, I dragged myself out of the dark and asked for help. I spin and weave and knit my words and visions until a life starts to take shape. There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore. I am thawing.” L.H. Anderson
That was really nice....

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness