View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 08:02 PM
toddld40

???

As I read what you wrote, the first thought that comes to mind is: what is he thinking?? I mean that from the perspective that there is a theory that the design of your mind is sort of as follows: When you have a thought like "I don't feel like doing anything today..." your mind will actually conjure up ideas that line up with that one. The new thoughts that keep popping up are simply there to support the first one. Before you know it, your mind has given you every reason to convince you that you really have NO DESIRE to do anything today!

I have observed this phenomenon in myself, often. It is not difficult at all, when you make a choice of thought, to suddenly be immersed in that line of thinking, whether positive or negative. The more you think about death, more thoughts of death will bombard you. Your mind, a tool for you to use, is simply trying to help do what it was designed to do: prove you right, all the time!!
If you want to get out of that funk, consider "making" you mind think thoughts that are more along the lines of what you want. You might sit down and write a list of what YOU WANT. What you WANT to do, where you WANT to go....etc. Then think about all those things you wrote, as often as you can. You might slip back into the previous pattern but you can create a new pattern of thinking quickly, if you desire.
I also believe our body is an amazing biological machine, capable of creating this "diagnosis" you have been given. I know I will NEVER let anyone put a label of a dis-ease or sickness on me!!! I would never give anyone that kind of power over me. I believe if you think you have epilepsy, your mind will not only convince you you are right, it will prove it!!
Hopefully you will see the value of this experience. You will make the choices of thought that either keep you where you are or move you to your next phase of development in this awesome experience. Either way, it is all perfect!!
I'm confident in your abilities to rise to the occasion of this challenge!