View Single Post
Old 25-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Really ? You do it most days..The timeless deep void of blackness called Delta wave sleep( When the Brain hovers just above 0 hertz Nil Brain activity.). What could possibly be bad about such a natural state in perpetuity ?

I am more worried about not getting off so lightly as deep sleep in perpetuity.

We don't actually ever perceive that blackness in any way though do we?
Like going to sleep, you are only in darkness because you close your eyes, are in a pitch black room to begin with or bury your face in the pillow. You never find yourself actually consciously in a state of blackness. I read that even totally blind people don't actually see blackness, they literally see "nothing" - Impossible for sighted people to imagine! This thing of death (if it is final and no continuity) and being in a long, dark sleep is just a human construct.

I wonder just suppose there is no afterlife, maybe we still are unable to experience non experience in a real sense, in the sense that we have no awareness of the billions of years before us and are just "here" and we will still feel lie we are here even when billions of years pass without us in the universe. Perhaps to our subjective pov we can never die or cease to experience? We are bookended on both sides by eons of nonlife and can only be ever aware of our livespan to our pov. Who knows how perception of time unfolds to a being even if it doesn't actually exist? Maybe we do relive our lives again in a way? Perhaps our lives now have been lived before ala Anthony Peake's Cheating The Ferryman theory? Maybe to the one who dies there can't be non existence because there can only actually be existence?! It's almost a paradox!