View Single Post
Old 23-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Whats Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Obviously if there turns out to be no afterlife, then this is the natural state of affairs. I find the idea terrifying, atheists generally seem unperturbed by it, It's just impossible to imagine isn't it??

You couldn't even be aware of blackness as there is no you to perceive it, How can a conscious being experience non existence?? Its mindblowing. It would be as if you never existed, past, present & future all erased. It makes me dizzy thinking about it! It bothers me more actually that might have happened to my mum & dad but it's still so abstract, to not perceive even not perceiving.

Thoughts on this??

If upon death, you cease all thought, how can you know if you're actually in a non-existence state? If on the other hand, once you physically die, and your thoughts do continue, will any of what we do have any meaning? Which is why I believe we continue.
It becomes a question of what came first, the chicken or the egg? Did we exist before coming into this life, and will we continue when our bodies die? Either way you slice it, existing at all will be meaningless if we end at all.

.......you can go crazy thinking about this!