View Single Post
Old 23-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Could be your intelligence level. There's quite a lot out there about people with higher levels of intelligence having fewer friends. In fact, perhaps moot but people motivated to self-development / spiritual development are probably more intelligent than the hoi-poloi suggesting this may be a problem for some. I have almost no "real" friends where I spend most of my time. (In my case it's less about intelligence than I'm basically a loner but I notice it around). By "real" I mean people in whom I could confide, people who are self-motivated and I enjoy my time with. No quarrels, no disputes that can't be solved by rewording something. There are non-hostiles with whom I can spend an occasional evening out or some such and I suppose they're loosely friends. The closest I get to "friends" are those allied to my work.

Anyway, enough of me. Here's just the first of the web articles but like I say there are a few out there.
https://thoughtcatalog.com/natalie-v...-less-friends/
Wow! That article totally rings true! I indeed cannot be bothered with superficial people, fake friends, drama, and I don't give a chit about the latest trend and fads, totally meaningless to me.

I like in depth conversation, but also having fun, goofing around, but not with people who otherwise have nothing to offer.
I like well-rounded people, who are diverse like me.

You know this intelligence is also a HUGE problem when it comes to finding a partner? I need both EQ & IQ. Most have 1 and lack the other, and I cannot live or be with someone who doesn't have equally developed EQ or IQ.
Which boils down to a very small group that is in between the lower/medium level (they lack the IQ I need), and the higher levels (University levels, business people) because they lack depth in EQ.
That group in between is really quite small.
(I'm not talking about diplomas, just intelligence levels, including emotional intelligence.)

Thank you, Lorelyen. Very interesting!