View Single Post
Old 20-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Seeker

Color My First Actual OBE Experience

INTRODUCTION

Hello guys! So, I have been reading about OBE for some time, since June of 2016 and have been really interested in it. I do have lucid dreams rather easily, (but in order for it to happen I must think alot about it and do reality checks) but never had any OBE experience before.

Today, while meditating on my cushion (Zafu) on the floor, I felt sleepy and so I tried to have an OBE in bed. I figured that lying down in a meditative state would help. It didn't work...instead I got those impromptu dream images and random narratives. So, I decided to actually sleep for 45 minutes. This is what happened to me...

THE EXPERIENCE

I don't know if I had this experience straight after I fell asleep or if I fell asleep at all. I don't know if I had dreams before that, but I would have remembered them. So...I only remember the actual experience, which went like this:

In my normal 'blacked out vision' (what you see with your eyes closed), circles of luminous orbs appeared in front of me. I had never seen such a luminous phenomenon like that in my blacked out vision screen. These many orbs made a big circle. This circle of orbs moved far out and then back to me, changing in size. In other words, there was some kind of tunnel or path being suggested to me.

Together with this visual manifestation – and perhaps the most expressive sign that this was no regular dream – was a sound that filled the whole of my consciousness, as if I was listening to it through headphones. The sound was not thunderous or explosive, as some people report in their experiences. My sound was more like an 'electronic spiral powering down' kind of thing. It wasn't a heavy sound, but rather a more high-pitched one. It looked and sounded like an alien abduction, haha. Adding to that, I remember hearing distant drums or thunders, as if a group of percussionists were banging at tribal drums.

So, on experiencing all that, I remembered to stay calm and let it all play out. Koi Fresco, a wonderful Youtuber, came to mind because he talks about these experiences. The thought of him reminded me that this is something alot of people out there also go through, so I was okay. Halfway through the whole thing, I thought out loud: "I want to have an OBE, please". I said that with both conviction and humbleness.

A little after that request, I began to experience signs of an alternate body. I could feel my paralyzed physical body too, but I felt that I could float through it. So I took time floating about quite freely, not knowing if I was actually moving in space or not. I was just experiencing the sensation of floating. At one point, I thought that If I opened my eyes, I would see my physical body below me. But that was a mistake, for I actually woke up from the experience.

I woke up in sleep paralysis. Now, I have read about it dozens of times and actually experienced one which lasted, like, 2 seconds. Haha. But this one lasted longer – 40 seconds to one minute. I could hear dad in the corridor and feared that he might come into my bedroom and see my paralyzed. Still, I kept it very cool. I knew what was happening. I could breathe and that is what mattered to me, so I let it play itself out until I broke free. And I did break free. Boy, that was an experience to me.

KEY POINTS

Sound of an electronic system powering down

Circle of luminous orbs that moved

Sound of distant drums

Pressure in and around head (What I call a 'surging pressure')

Floating around (sense of alternate body)

Could feel physical body, too

Sleep paralysis

Lucidity (I could think quite clearly, as if I were awake)

OBSERVATIONS

I think I should have had more patience. I believe I was experiencing the formation of an alternate body, into which my consciousness was being transferred. Yet, I didn't let the process develop and instead opened my physical eyes. Still, I am happy with the experience.

I wish to explore consciousness through OBE (and lucid dreaming), so that I can better understand reality by developing wisdom and thus being able to take part in the universe as a better person, hoping to shine my light on other people whenever I can.