View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Master

Whoa! Today I got my first genuinely angry client email

Context - this client is hurting and has some complex social history going on.

By the sounds of things this client has had multiple readings from various different readers, some of whom I'd consider in the more "wishy washy" category. The email included references to multiple lines I've never mentioned in my own readings to this client, so I'm guessing it's generalised anger rather than personalised. They took a lot of offence to my suggestion that it may be time to seek professional counselling, and didn't think tarot was legit anymore.

I found myself being really grateful for my clinical experience (I'm used to dealing with upset people?); I'm not taking it personally, this person is hurting. I'm glad I've said they may need to go elsewhere, and found a way to gently explain why a real-life counsellor may trump the online tarot reader for this particular person. I wished them luck, acknowledged they were allowed to not think tarot were legit, closed my email, closed the 'link' and am back to wondering when I'll be able to make japanese souffle pancakes.

In the future I might encourage myself to make the "I think this person needs in-person help, not a tarot reader" calls earlier, and act on it.

An unusual experience, and felt the need to share with my online peeps.
Hope you're all doing okay where you are tonight
I hope this client gets the help they need and feels better eventually.