View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 12:24 AM
Master
Hello. My response will be in the below text in green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

When I do these things I call it telepathy. I have been called a medium because I can converse with all spirits, living and dead(spirit is never dead?). When I do this connection, the degree of conscious awareness varies quite a bit. You can call it telepathy when a person is conscious of the connection and mediumship when they are not.

By a spirit dead or communicating with the dead I mean a human spirit or soul what have you no longer in the physical realm, but passed over to the spirit realm or realm of spirit. For quite a long while I had begun to think that this was not a possibility, until I remembered an encounter when in my younger years with a spirit whom claimed to be an uncle and who wanted to bring a message to my grandfather, this has been the only time I have been able to communicate with a possible human, and what's more benign spirit. For whatever reason the spirits that come to me are not quite the same as this spirit was, that is to say they do not seem to have lived a human physical life, and could be called anything but benign. This is not something I do willfully. It is simply the way it is. Those are the spirits that usually come to me. More often than not they are not benign. Or human past. I do not understand what you mean by someone not being conscious of the connection, could you possibly explain this more if you do not mind?

We get stuck using terms in our society. I do one thing, read a person's energy, then depending on their awareness level, I am either a medium or a telepath??

How I read a person's energy is by connecting telepathically with them. May be if you describe how you read another's energy, some psychics are quite adept at this, then we can put you into that classification.

In the case of reading for others I look at their natal astrology chart and I try to pick up the energies of the chart and attempt to pick up on what is going on currently in their life, and sometimes characteristics they have that could help them, sometimes there may be things they need to heal emotionally. I look at the present and have been able to pick up on the past. I do not call it telepathy, although I will say it is possible that is what it is, rather I call it intuition, or reading energy. I also have done tarot. I do not often do tarot for others. I do not feel as comfortable with it, I am unsure of myself- in the case of tarot I have been able to pick up a future family event. I do not have much practice reading future for others. I do not often even attempt it, I am still unsure of abilities in this area for one and for another I simply may not want to know. I have also been able to read the future through intuition at one or two times with certain circumstances- knowing when a gift is coming to me, and knowing when a stack of boxes were about to fall on top of me, and pushing them back into place as they were falling. My co-worker saw and responded with surprise and then for whatever reason proceeded to call me names. She was surprised I knew it was going to happen right as it began to. The name calling was simply unnecessary.

I say forget about the words and the terms we use for these things. It is much better to understand how things work for you and proceed from there to evolve those skills.

As with any skill I like to know what it is I am doing. This includes what to call it that others might understand. The point of communication is indeed for understanding.

Thank you very much for your response John. I wouldf like to work on intuitive abilities but have been struggling attempting different skills ways of reading for others. I am trying to work through the fear of trying.

John