View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
You ask, "...does this sound good enough for what I need to know?" Well, that begs the question, "What do you need to know?"

Are you looking to become a full time professional hypnotherapist? Or is it just out of interest, to understand what is involved? Or is it (like me) to learn to hypnotise in order to help friends and relatives for free? You have only written that "I'm interested in doing a course to learn hypnotherapy".

Different courses also have a different stress; some are Ericksonian, some include elements of NLP, some are very traditional (induction, deepener, therapy, exit with/without amnesia). Again, it all depends on your interests and plans for the future.

To what level do you want to train - basic qualification or advanced?

Sorry for all the questions, but knowing what you are looking for will help people to answer your query properly.

Because I have an elderly mother whom I cannot leave alone for more than a few hours, I opted for the Steve Jones course (advanced hypnotherapist). It can be done all online. It lacks the practical sessions of other courses, but it is well written and explains everything from the very beginning.

Residential courses (even three days) can be very expensive, but of course if that is not a problem for you, then choosing a course with some practical days is a bonus.

In most countries of the world (including the USA and UK), hypnotherapy has no compulsory course, national qualification or compulsory professional body to join in order to practice. So it is a matter of choosing the best course to suit your needs.

Every best wish to you!

PS The course you mention, who is providing it?

Thank you for the reply, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
I would like to have it as a career but my main goal is to treat mental illness for free which would imply I should join an advanced course, the course I mentioned is Tad James Co. Which seems more geared toward NLP than Hypnotherapy. This is the website:http://www.nlpcoaching.com/modern-hy...certification/

This is the course I am considering: http://www.nlpcoaching.com/modern-hy...certification/

I know very little about both topics, and as far as I know the effects on mental illnesses using hypnotherapy haven't been extensively studied, so I am concerned about what could go wrong. Something that also worries me is the legality of treating things like mental illnesses, particularly for free.