View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Gem,

Do you agree that, although living life in a Buddhist way, or also in the way Krishnamurti taught, is simple and doesn't require a complicated or intricate perspective, it can be very difficult to get to the point where one would choose to do that?

The philosophical side is complicated and takes a lot of learning. Life is also pretty complex, but the knowledge of living is more tacit because it deals with the nuances of culture, relationships and other delicate things. I think no matter how you cut it, life is complex, but Buddhist philosophy or teachings aren't important in the overall scale of things.

Quote:
Suppose I said, 'Just be aware of what's going on in each moment, accept yourself as you are, and don't analyze things or try to figure them out. Just let everything be what it is, without reacting mentally.'

Very simple in principle, but not as easy as it sounds in practice, however, since we can only do the best we can, that's as much as is possible. This implies higher virtue, though, because it has to be honestly and sincerely the best we can...

Quote:
Now, whether or not that's a good example of Buddhist teachings, it seems rather simple to do, BUT, I've found it difficult to acquire the impetus to do so. I'm not quite sure that I AGREE with that teaching.

Good point. To me, agree and disagree is fine on a fairly superficial level, but this acceptance and rejection only apples to principles and not to the actuality of living. If you notice what your pointer finger feels like, it feels that way and you don't agree or disagree, you are just aware of what it is like. That finger feeling isn't trying to make a point, so there's n