View Single Post
Old 17-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiewhitnell
How do you forgive, deep inside?

I can pretend like I do, but deep down inside me I am still mad at some people for certain things, hurting me, or people close to me.

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"-within this statement is your answer.

Because of the way we are wired, we are always looking back as if the past could be other than it actually was, and from this perception we believe that someone could have acted differently or made a different choice, this is a fallacy and illusion.

Everyone, is doing exactly what they believe they need to do, and most of what we do are habitual, unconscious reactions to external stimuli, in other words we act/react out of old thought patterns/systems from a sense of identity that at its root is primal, fearful and protective (survival instinct) which is reflected in our words and actions. This is why we say and do things that, at times, we later can't even explain why we did them or where these unconscious words/actions even came from. We come to see that these people who do hurtful things are revealing/expressing their own unconscious and unresolved inner pain/hurt/conflicts/ignorance and often it is expressed upon those undeserving of it. I like to say people don't "really" do things to you, they do it for themselves, that we are at times helpless victims of others unconscious expressions. What these people need is help not more harm, love not more hate, compassion not vengeance, as to restore balance we must apply the opposite, if we apply more hate to balance hate all we end up with is more hatred.

One who observes these tendencies within them self, and then observes these tendencies in others, then after seeing that they are unconscious reactions based in ignorance, then sees that it not only doesn't need to forgive, but that it doesn't need to condemn, as, without first condemning there is no need to forgive, and this is brought about through the process of understanding the root of action, and this understanding of the root of action is revealed through self observation and enquiry. Within this seeing is the jump from a bases of judgment to a solid foundation of compassion.

This is summed up in the statement; "They know not what they do" hence their actions are the result of unconscious, habitual thought patterns based upon a pseudo identity with fear as its foundation.

I like to say that people who do hellish crimes are not going to hell, but rather, their actions are revealing the hell they're already in, it is a psychological state, not a physical place. If one was in a loving state, then they could only reveal love, as our actions and words are a revealing of us, not those we aim them at.

Also, I forgot to mention that our diet can have detrimental effects on our behavioral attitudes, as science is beginning to see and prove with testing, a correlation of malnutrition with those who suffer from negative behavioral patterns. When these patients are given proper nutritional supplements, and a balance is restored within their biology, their negative behavioral issues are resolved. I am not saying this is the case with everyone, but we are very complex biological organisms, which is why we must treat mind, body and spirit with the love and care the whole requires, not just one or the other.