View Single Post
Old 17-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiewhitnell
How do you forgive, deep inside?

I can pretend like I do, but deep down inside me I am still mad at some people for certain things, hurting me, or people close to me.

It is a process that moves as you move through the process of life. If you look at it more deeply and directly you might find the attachment is related to something else. Most often it is something set up early in your life that hasn't been able to let go and so holds on to the emotional reaction in current events that mimic that time in you. If your sensitive to hurt it can take time to heal the wounds of others coming in at you. When your whole self is more clear and free flowing, time and awareness builds a clearer state of being, so your more aware of others as they are more directly and less inclined to take on the pain that you learn to know is theirs. You are able to separate your feelings from behaviours and so take more responsibility for your part in this way. Once fully released it should no longer hold you tied to it. Clarity opens wisdom and compassion for your hurt, which naturally moves outwardly in awareness towards others.

We are a already set up early in life in reaction and repressed emotions, undoing hurt can be a multi layered connection..it can relate to pacts in early life, judgement towards certain inflictions, unresolved anger unrelated to the current incident but activated by it. Many things can come into the picture of attachments.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder