View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 12:49 AM
bartholomew

The human soul is of and resides on the plane of souls, an area of the higher mental plane. The soul projects a part of itself to a physical body/personality during a lifetime on Earth. It is important to understand that only a bit of our soul is with us when we are alive here on Earth. Most of the soul energy is to be found on it's own plane usually in a meditative pose. Connecting the two is a stream of energy that some call the silver cord. You nearly died but your soul knew that you would not and this was the reason you were prevented from leaving. Remember please that it is your soul witch sets purpose during incarnations. The souls of your late relatives knew you were to stay a bit longer too.

Do we say I died and my soul left my body? Say rather I died and my soul brought it's connection back to itself. Only the connection to the body will leave at death. The soul never leaves it's own plane.

As a review it is good and helpful to remember the relationship between a personality and a soul. The soul is not really eternal but it has an extremely long lifetime by our Earth standards. Our personalities are mostly of the Earth. Genetic traits and circumstance are the main modifiers. Each body has a different personality but none of these is what the soul is. We live several thousand physical lifetimes on planets. As we progress our soul is capable of remembering and using each of them as desired. The "me" lives once. The soul is a composite of all the "mes" that came before. On it's own plane a soul may choose to appear garbed in any of the many, many bodies that it has occupied in it's long history.

This is worthy of note here because we are helped by understanding that our present sense of personal identity as it is in the present lifetime will perish along with the body. This is not immediate though. After we return to our native spiritual plane we take with us the memories of the lifetime past. Here we are perfectly capable of imitating or "dressing up" in any of the personalities that we have used in the past but all of those personalities are gone. They are products of the flesh and they go the way of the flesh. This is not a burden though. It is a great boon. Now we experience a feeling of liberation that was never possible before.

It is our souls who determine our life purpose; goals to be met. Except by unplanned accident the soul will not break it's connection to the current body/personality until the correct time. It is my belief, based on my own experiences, that this is the reason you are still here.

Lastly please consider this. While in physical form we tend to be egocentric. That is to say we identify as "me". And we often will say that "I have a soul too" as though the soul was something that was subservient to the personality. It is just the opposite. It is the personality, the "me" which serves the soul. Understanding this helps us a great deal to understand everything else we may learn about our spiritual selves.

You have had an experience that most of us do not have. Is there a meaning? Yes. It is possible that there is. These would be the topics of much longer themes but since we do not know if they apply it is not helpful to speculate here. There are ways to find the truth of it though. Perhaps the best one is through a developed practice of high meditation. Learn to go as far away from the astral as possible and stay there for a time each day. Here is where you will establish a real contact with your spiritual guide. But as I said learn to rise far above the astral. If you do not you will be fooled by the trickster coyote of Native American fame. The astral plane is not called the "glamours one" without good reason.

At death our relatives commonly arrive to greet us home. Remember though that these are the souls which once used those bodies/personalities for a lifetime. They could as easily appear as they were in some other lifetime. You would not recognize them of course so they don't do this. I am trying to stress the difference between personalities which are temporary and the soul, the overself, which is not.

I enjoyed reading your story. Everything you say rings true. I hope I have offered some bits which you will find helpful.