View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I have been casting and studying the, "I Ching" for over twenty-five years. I know the hexagrams and the moving lines inside-and-out. I use the traditional coins and sometimes pennies if that's all I've got around me. I have not, however, used yarrow stalks though my father always did.

It has become a true friend and confidante to me at certain times in my life (including now). I've found its advice to be quite accurate much of the time.

I practice other methods of divination, but if I choose to use a divinatory 'tool' -- I find I most often reach for the, "I Ching".

I like the one by Sam Reifler, "I Ching: A New Interpretation For Modern Times." It was my mother who first got me using it and who also introduced me to this particular translation. Online-wise, the translation/text of James DeKorne's, "The Gnostic I Ching" rules. It's very 'heavy' though and so, perhaps, is not for beginners -- unless you are an especially ambitious one! ;-)