View Single Post
Old 23-06-2016, 01:10 PM
confusionsay

Thank you Warrioress. I enjoyed your thoughts. and I also deeply appreciate your taking the time to express your thoughts on this. it really does help to know I am not alone and that we all are on the same journey. I am a warrior too, as implied by your name. I am a peaceful warrior. as I am sure you are. Children are some of our greatest teachers. So I listen to children.
I am on the same page as you regarding everything happens for a reason. On top of all of the things going on right now I just lost my (only) friend of four years to a betrayal on her part. Something I never expected. its been two weeks and I am feeling better but it has been painful and an impetus for growth. But it needed to happen. It did happen for a reason. in my life I have observed three stages to this understanding of purpose. I did not take these from a book. this is my own process. and defined in my words.

stage 1. faith. I have faith, yet do not believe entirely, there is purpose to my life.

stage 2. is belief. I believe that there is purpose to all that takes place in my life.

and finally 3. the knowing stage. I KNOW things happen for a reason.

I am not saying everyone's stages are the same, just that this is a truth in my life. and I agree when you say all things have a reason.
I want to thank you for reminding me of this.

I do believe in guides. despite the atheist aspect of the tao, I am more gnostic. but have not defined that yet. just that there is something bigger than me. Although I am light skinned I am part Native and part Irish. I was given my totems at a young age, and my high "Dodem" is Dolphin. They are my pods. I round out my taoist beliefs with my native ones. I do sometimes pray to a creator. Anyway thank you for your time in response to my need to connect.
Great Peace!
Doug