View Single Post
Old 23-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Raineco

RhNegMike said:
Quote:
Finally after 2 years I have looked up the term Indigo and I realize why I never felt the need for it previously: It is a fictional term as in originating in science fiction.

That's just one claim, that many would disagree with. Some say it originated with being able to see auras w/indigo.... [see ps note], and even that is just an association that was not meant to be so categorical, exclusive, black n white, rigid.

I prefer the interpretation (that I read from someone else, have no idea what they're qualifications were and do not care) that the main trait Indigo's share is they recognize abuse of power and illegitimate authority (not simply dishonesty, insincerity, it's more specific than that); bcuz this plays in nicely with starseed origins- simply meaning they/we have had more, or more recent or longer lives in civilizations that had less of that, had much more beneficent and wise leaders due to their greater spiritual advancement.

Indigo's have been here all along just like there have always been more advanced souls among the less advanced to help guide them- just like there are adults of all ages among the youth and children who populate any given place (law of correspondence), but not all who were born Indigo are able to 'rise to the occasion' of course- all life is like that, very little potential is realized.

INdigoes came "en masse" in the 20th century- even in WW I. That means there were MANY of them but does NOT mean they were a majority NOR even a sizeable minority - not until Baby Boomers thru Gen X- there WERE significant numbers of Indigoes BORN among them, sometimes called "Indigo Scouts" - these souls came w much karma they had agreed to take a stab at but many of them died young and suffered addictions and abuse. Then, Indigos came in EVEN LARGER numbers (finally a sizeable minority) as baby boomers' children.

And then in the 90's, some airhead psychologist hijacked the label and wrote a book about supposedly 'Indigo' children - totally misidentified them as a new phenom/type of kid being born to Boomers only, and lots of later Boomers (the very conformist, consumer, materialism-oriented 2nd cohort of Baby Boomers born about '55 - '62) all loved to call their "spirited" children Indigo's - being misinformed about it, and placing absolutely no importance on the characteristic of rejecting illegitimate authority, since that is precisely what many of these parents were/are.

PS Note about Indigo - Sorry I don't have original source and can't explain it well)... the indigo spectrum (which apparently it really is like an 'extra' color or spread out part of the whole spectrum; I had once thought it was just subjective)... somehow... is like a 'portal' between dimensions, maybe that's the wrong wording, I wish I could find where I'd read that one.