View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby

No, science isn't faulty but would have to admit that without consciousness the universe would not be tangible. Which is what I'm talking about.

Okay, but who is to say - or not - that the BB wasn't an explosion of consciousness? It's kind of hard to peg - exactly - what consciousness is. We can't exactly manhandle it under a microscope.

Humans evolved so - you can research and decide for yourself when you think we first became aware of the stars. But if there's life out there - it's anyone's guess when they became conscious of the stars. But whose to say consciousness doesn't reside in every little thing? Rocks. Sand. Fibers. You name it.

Consciousness is a heavy topic. What about NDEs? What happens to us when we're sleeping and dreaming? Are we UNconscious then? Some would say we're more conscious then than we are while "awake".

I think consciousness is probably bigger than my capacity to grasp. Especially since there are numerous different levels of it. My senses or being awake constitutes a fraction of the available consciousness that likely exists in the Universe. Meditation is for developing the capacity to move into deeper consciousness.

I think a few folks might say that most of humanity is UNconscious. They walk about day after day like robots, doing what they're told and playing little to no active role in the lives they live. They don't think for themselves and they don't ask a lot of questions (like you have here).

I'm surprised no one else has jumped into your thread. This is a great topic! I think that the Universe is part of us and we're part of it. We're made up OF it. And due to this, I think it explains how we know stuff sometimes that we can't explain how we know. Especially when it comes to love and things not of the mind/thinking. It's a different kind of consciousness at work.

I like to think that as humanity evolves - consciously/spiritually - so does the Universe. It is literally expanding - hopefully not for naught. And if there is other life out there - well, then their evolution is also contributing to the evolution of the Universe.