View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Master
Hi RedEmbers here are a few thing's for you to try making I have made some of these myself for presents for myself & family as gift's ;-).
I have a book called Natural Beauty by Karen Gilbert where these recipies are from.

Geranium & Orange massage bars:
Equipment You will need a double boiler, Digital scales, plastic soap moulds or silicone muffin moulds.

Ingredients 2 & half oz (70g) cocoa butter, 1 0z (30g) Shea butter, 10 drops of Orange essential oil, 10 drops of geranium essential oil.
Melt the cooca & shea butter in the double boiler, or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, remove from the heat when melted and add the essential oils, stirring well, then pour the mixture into the moulds & place in the fridge to set, when set take out of the moulds either wrap in tinfoil or greaseproof paper to keep clean. You can change the essential oils if you wish to something else but keep the same quantities. Massage bars can be used after bathing or showering to moisturize the skin.

Barbados body scrub: Equipment, Digital scales, a small glass bowl or mug, a teaspoon, and an airtight 100ml jar.
Ingredients: 50g solid coconut oil, 2 teaspoons (10mls) macadamia oil, 10 frops orange essential oil, 5 drops lemon oil, 5 drops lime oil, 60g raw unrefined brown sugar, you can substitute the sugar for demerara sugar which is what I used .
Add the coconut oil to the bowl or mug then add the macadamia oil to the mixture and stir them both vigorously with the teaspoon whipping it up till soft & fluffy, then add the essential oils & stir ensuring they are all mixed in well, add the brown sugar gradually to the mixture stirring carefully till all mixed in well, then spoon the mixture into the airtight jar, massage into damp skin especially any dry areas then rinse.

Both the massage bars & Barbados body scrubs smell divine, enjoy making, I will add some more recipes.

Love GA x