View Single Post
Old 21-01-2011, 07:42 AM
TheDivine

Honestly, I think my consciousness is just too different to have this conversation. I don't believe in absolute good or evil. There are groups of people in India who worship Shiva the Destroyer. They drink moonshine and then watch bodies burn at the charnal grounds; in some rural areas they sacrifice babies and then eat them. (This is well documented, I'm not making this up.) They do things that many would consider "bad" in order to get in touch with destruction and the dark aspects of the human psyche.

But the thing is, it is not considered evil. In the human moral realm perhaps it is, but even "evil" is one aspect of God's creation. If God is truly limitless and we are all aspects of God, then even the people sacrificing babies are still working their connection. They may even be on their own route to enlightenment. They are following their karma to its destination. I happen to be going in a different path, more to ward the peace and healing side, but I am no better than they are.

When I hear the word "deviant", it reminds me of our Judaeochristian society and its belief in the never ending battle of ultimate good and evil. The scientific establishment comes from this part of the world, where "normal" and "abnormal", in many ways, have their ancient roots in good and evil. Our modern consciousness has evolved from that consciousness, and its remnants are obvious. Good and bad, right and wrong, should do this and shouldn't do this - it is all part of our paradigm here. I am so tired of hearing about the dualities. The universe is so much more complex than that.

Ultimately - at least for me - if we have a genuine earnestness to get real with ourselves about what is happening here, it is all about connecting. No matter what human you find on planet earth, they all are seeking connection. They explore it through communities, their work, through what the earth and universe reveal to them, religion, etc. Ultimately everyone is trying to make their way back to the Divine by having a heart connection with whatever it is they do.

If you look at humans as a whole, we are doing every kind of thing at all times, from the virtuous to the gruesome. Given this, I simply cannot tolerate homosexuality being pitched as deviance. I can accept it from the standpoint that anyone who holds that belief is also part of God and so it ultimately doesn't matter because those people are also following their connection to a truth. But in another way... if two men wish to explore their connection then who the **** has the right to call them deviant? They are two beings here for an impermanent period of time and they are doing whatever work it is they are here to do. Placing value judgments on it to make it seem less than is such an incredible waste of time and energy. Judgment is a distraction. All that matters is your connection. If you have found the connection - even briefly - you know what I am talking about. Once you are in that space, you don't really give a damn what anyone else is doing because your vibration is high and you understand that everything that is happening is meant to be.

I just... simply can't fathom the kind of consciousness that thinks of homosexuals - as a group - as some kind of negative influence or a sign that society is degenerating. But then, I am not of that consciousness, so of course it's hard for me to grasp. I just sometimes question if those righteous people who seem so sure, are actually coming from a connected place, or something else that doesn't relate to their heart at all.