View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Ascender
Is our version of god mostly in-house?

I was responding to a post in another thread and was finally able to put into words something that I've been mulling over for some time. I wanted to make a separate thread specifically on this since it's a possibility that's not normally considered. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrin
I say both. To me they are on one "string". Before entering the Spirit/God realm, I have to cross the Self realm. Through Self I come to God. I see me as the person, as a farthest out extreme of God... like opposing God but holding its capabilities in a way, since I'm just a copy of God. So, Self is just an area, which I have to walk through when walking from God to me, the person (on a plain consciousness level).
I suspect that this is only a part of the story while much of what is actually occurring is really much closer to home.

We tend to take this leap, we say "us here" (referring to the sense of normality that daily defines our experience) and then god "there" or "within" or "beyond ego". It's assumed that when we enter a bliss state that somehow this is relevant to a god (which incidentally is a god of our own making and expectation).

So, there is our experience, and then there is god. What if, perhaps, that this isn't the case?

Our conscious self is incredibly limited, by design, in order to track and maintain our moving connection with our environment. Our conscious self has evolved as a navigator, of sorts, in order help us survive within a continually shifting set of complex variables. Much of the processing that goes on in our brain is done as a background operation. We are not consciously aware of the intensity that's maintained by our bodies awareness of itself. This is intentional. It would be essentially impossible for us to move even an inch if we were privy to the feedback from every nerve in our body, if every smell were to dominate our attention, if to move every muscle was a product of conscious thought, we would be swamped if all of what our body was exposed to was prominent to our immediate attention.

And yet there's an aspect of our body that is still monitoring these details. Billions of streams of data is being processed by highly complex censoring throughout our overall biological system. If all is well then none of this is brought to our attention, but should there be an issue we'll be specifically and consciously informed. It's too hot, it's too cold, our body just got cut in this one place, the ground is uneven we need to be consciously involved so we can navigate this successfully, there was a rustle in the woods could this be a lion?

But unless there's a good reason for attuning our attention this process of monitoring remains a background operation.

By comparison, the mind that is monitoring our overall condition is incredibly intense, by a massive degree, in relation to the amount of resources that are dedicated to our conscious ability to think. The numbers are staggering. In computer terms, we consciously process only about 4 megs a second while our unconscious self is trucking along as high as 400 billion bits of info a second (the number keeps going up as our research improves). So this means, that just outside of our conscious ability to perceive is a roaring set of activity that's far beyond our conscious ability to imagine.

So what would happen should we tap into this process? If our conscious self was able to shift just a little and tune-into this processor of almost infinitely more complex operation. It would feel like we'd just stepped into a most intense house of god. Consciously we'd be lost to the complexity. We'd be overwhelmed by the manor in which everything combined, we'd be humbled by how much we don't know or could keep up with. We would feel we're in the presence of "god".

So what if, what if all these thoughts about a deity is not really "out there" at all, but Right Here? What if we've projected a bodily internal process onto an image of godliness while all along it's "in-house".

Wouldn't that be a hoot. What if we've been worshiping upon far, and projecting way out there, an actual internal process that's right at our own door?