Thread: Amla Oil
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2011, 10:45 AM
harley's mum

Hello Dynamist and all...

just found this thread and here to help...
I have been using amla oil for 35 years and have converted many many friends so... the type of hair is irrelevant and in particular the indian ladies the reason they have such magnificent shiny hair is the use of amla they do not shampoo then condition as we do in the west they only shampoo then while the hair is still wet rub the amla through and comb...

some of the tips with use of amla are less is more a little goes a long way I would say about a one inch circle in the palm of the hand rub your hands together to heat and then rub through wet hair

please remember the same as all oils is they can go sour or off always pour into your palm do not contaminate the oil by putting your hand on the top of the bottle the oil should smell sweet if it does not it has gone off so buy a new bottle

regarding the bottle the lids in typical indian fashion are never quite closing properly after opening and when I travelled I would keep my bottle in a plastic zip top bag

amla does not change the color but consistent use does improve hair quality for myself I was blessed/cursed with thick thick naturally curly hair and people always wanted to touch my hair and the number of times I was asked is it real is it a perm when did you get it done etc used to drive me crazy and at parties it was like if the next person touches my hair I will chop their hand off sort of thing funny since my husband passed and trying to create a new life actually now doing the pixie cut thing which I love but still use the amla still love the shiny thing...

well I hoped this has helped illuminate all who have commented on this thread and remember less is more...