View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Haha! I couldn't agree more, Clover. In my experience that's EXACTLY how this works.

I'm trying to not sound conceited, but....experience.

I'm a fantasy writer, VinceField ;) I know the difference between fantasy and reality, probably better than most! I've had quite a few years of experience with psychic affairs and perceiving psychically is NOTHING like imagining plots, characters and worlds.

Imagination feels very different. When you imagine, it's just your own energy in there. Your creation is not that far off dead, in that it can't grow without your help and if you remove your energy from it, it fades away. The psychic worlds, on the other hand, are full of energy. Not just the sort from inspiration - MORE energy than my wee brain can take!

Psychic information can flow in consistently, over the course of hours, in such a way and at such an intensity that if I tried to do the same thing with my imagination, I'd be exhausted. I have tried. It's not possible for me.

Imagination actually takes effort. At least, it takes effort when you want to write publishable stories. It takes HOURS to build a complex character like..for example...my guide. Azrael. To create a character like him, of such complexity, you'd be looking at months of work, then a constant, conscious effort to keep him in character and to keep his motivation and behaviour consistent. That's hard work! Writing ain't for lazy ppl (or people who like sleep!) ;)

ANY fictional character evolves along with the plot. A plot is a series of linked events, one event building on the last. All characters evolve as they react to events and choose new events for themselves (in fact if they don't...you're probably doing it wrong LOL!) Fantasy characters grow like real people.

My guide, like all the lights beings I channel, never change at all. Not in years, no matter what you throw at them. They're solid, and far more loving and insightful than anything my well practised writers brain can come up with.

Put it this way; when I write, I put down on paper what I already know. When I channel, I learn all the things I DON'T know.

As for the experience itself, it's hard to describe. It's like sitting in a virtual cafe, on another planet, while still in this body. I can feel two worlds at once, one psychic and one physical. The faerie, or angel, or light being just talks as I would to a human being, and the words, sights, sounds etc...all flow in as though I'm dreaming while awake. No effort, no struggle, no moments of being stuck, waiting for inspiration. I rarely get tired. I can channel away all night and still be energised at 4am. You try that with writing and you wake up feeling hung over, LOL!

You'd have to feel it for yourself. It's impossible to convince someone who doesn't feel the same thing that your experience is "real."

Wow, thanks for that description! Don't want to take the thread too off topic, but I'd be interested to hear how you began channeling. I'd also be interested to hear if any of the information you receive, assuming it's actually coming from another entity, has been confirmed or validated.