View Single Post
Old 23-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Experiencer

Higher self? If there's a thing such as higher and lower self, then aren't you essentially telling yourself that you want to do something?

You're struggling with indecision and cognitive dissonance. You want something, but for whatever reason your fear holds you back. This gives the experience of being divided, an illusory higher and lower self in disagreement. A self is a self, because what self sees the higher and the lower? Btw, exactly what is holding you back?

Of course it takes effort! I can go eat fast food and have a dream of making my own gourmet food, I can eat burger because I fear the challenges ahead or I can face them and deal with them to achieve my dream of eating gourmet dinner. This is just one example out of a thousand I can make on how to make dreams come true, but getting stuff done IS work.

Human motivation is like a balance, you've got desire and fear. You make it into a decision between captivity and freedom, fear being captivity and desire being freedom. You choose who wins, fear or desire. Fear being to stay where you are (which for undisclosed reason you can't), and desire being to go for it and pour your soul into it because it's your dream. To me it seems like you've already made the decision, if you'd calm down for a bit and reflect on what you just said.

Since you can't stay where you are and you must change, then the decision is clear. You gotta put in the effort and go for the dream, a life of fear is not a life for you. You deserve better. You gotta put in the effort to realize it, and much of it will be an experience you'll never forget. It will be harder before it becomes easier, there's much to learn before you master it. One thing is for sure, you'll never fly if you're too scared of the height.

You feel low and want to go up. As for actually accomplishing it I need a bit more specific information on what exactly your goal is to provide help, I'm a very mentally resourceful person.